Poudre School District Global Academy is a K-12 online and blended public school in Fort Collins, Colorado. Last year their middle school students averaged 242% of typical growth in math and averaged 218% of typical growth in reading. Review this paper to learn how this school has grown to be one of the top schools in their state by utilizing the hybrid model.
PSD's keys to growth in student achievement include:
- One-to-one mentoring that teachers provide each student
- The parental or guardian role as learning coaches
- Building strong positive relationships among students and teachers
- Scheduling and classroom set-up that promotes individual instruction and project-based learning
- Engaging content and curriculum available in school and at home
- Automated reporting that helps teachers target instruction